Usage of essential oils—the historical perspective
The usage of essential oils can be traced back to thousands of years where different cultures and societies have utilized essential oils for medical as well as health purposes. They actually range from the natural medicine purposes, aromatherapy, personal beauty care and the natural household cleaning. The actual particles of the pure essential oils are basically obtained from the process of distilling. Numerous types of plants including leaves, roots, flowers, resin, peels and barks are processed for extracting the purest form of essential oils. In the past, Egyptians used to produce essential oils by soaking the flowers and plants in the oil for a long period of time. The oil was then filtered with the help of a linen bag.
The advantages of using essential oils are countless. Whether it is household, or healthcare, they can be used for getting natural results. The antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties of essential oils make them so effective for medical, household and healthcare treatment.
Essential oils for home usage—great tips for households
The usage of essential oils in household is not a new phenomenon. As already mentioned above, the essential oils were also used in by the Egyptians and other cultures. Here are some of the great and tremendous tips for using the essential oils in households for home cleaning treatments.
- The essential oils extracted from lemon and tea tree can act as a strong all-purpose cleaner for all types of household purposes.
- The natural essential oils from the lemongrass, eucalyptus, coconut and citronella can be combined and used as a strong mosquito repellent.
- The diffusion of cinnamon essential oil can be used for cleaning the air quality of home. The cinnamon essential oils contain anti-microbial characteristics and can play a vital role in cleaning the air quality.
- By adding 10-20 drops of any type of essential oil (with soothing fragrance) in the washing machine can provide tremendous results. Enhanced cleaning and scented results can be achieved by doing this.
- The working efficiency of the vacuum cleaner can also be improved by adding some drops of lemon essential oil in the dust container
- The individuals can make homemade sunscreen without any harmful chemicals by mixing zinc oxide, lavender essential oil, the coconut essential oil and Shea butter. This is totally a toxic free sunscreen and can be used for getting tremendous results.