8.75 is a percentage. To change it to a decimal, you need to divide it by 100. This can be done easily using a calculator or by hand.
To change 8.75 to a decimal using a calculator:
- Enter 8.75 into the calculator.
- Press the “divide” button (÷).
- Enter 100 into the calculator.
- Press the “equals” button (=).
The answer will be 0.0875.
To change 8.75 to a decimal by hand:
- Write down 8.75.
- Draw a horizontal line below the number.
- Move the decimal point two places to the left.
- The answer is 0.0875.
Examples of how to use 8.75 as a decimal:
- If you want to find 8.75% of a number, multiply that number by 0.0875.
- If you want to convert 8.75% to a fraction, divide 0.0875 by 1.
- If you want to convert 8.75% to a word, write it as “eight point seven five percent.”
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.